Blog posts are the personal views of Letty Hardi and not official statements or records on behalf of the Falls Church City Council
This week’s blog post will be short and sweet. With the budget behind us, the high school and economic development projects will be our main focus for the next few weeks and the primary topic in our upcoming meetings. You can continue to offer public comment at our meetings and/or email us your questions and comments on the projects. Read for on the links to the latest…
My last set of office hours this spring will be Monday, May 20 at 9 am, Bakeshop Falls Church. Come chat and enjoy a cup of coffee and a treat at our newest cafe. (Stay tuned for summer office hours, once I sort out my kids’ summer schedules.)
What Happened This Week:
(1) In lieu of our regular Monday night meeting, we held our monthly Town Hall this week. This is the last town hall before our scheduled vote on the West Falls Church development, currently planned for May 13. If you’d like to catch up on the Town Hall, below are the links to the video and documents from the meeting.
- April 29 Town Hall video
- New GMHS Presentation Slides (includes construction timelines and a few updated renderings)
(2) The WFC developer team also submitted an updated conceptual plan, in response to the reviews and feedback from staff, City Council work sessions, and boards and commissions the past few months.
- West Falls Church Economic Development Project (2nd submission documents, dated April 22)
(3) ICYMI – May is bikeshare month in Falls Church. Capital Bikeshare installation kicked off this week, with additional stations installed on May 7 and 8, activation on May 8, and official grand opening on May 13. See the link for the map of the station locations.
What’s Coming Up:
- Monday, May 6 – City Council Work Session (730 pm, Community Center)
- Monday, May 13 – City Council Meeting (730 pm, Community Center)
- Monday, May 20 – Letty’s Office Hours (9 am, Bakeshop Falls Church)
- Monday, May 20 – City Council Work Session (730 pm, Community Center)
- Tuesday, May 25 – City Council Meeting (730 pm, Community Center)