Blog posts are the personal views of Letty Hardi and not official statements or records on behalf of the Falls Church City Council
In lieu of my regular updates, I’ll direct you to the Guest Commentary I wrote in the FCNP this week, with my thoughts on the election and next steps for the GMHS project. For regular blog readers, you’ll see that many of the themes and steps I urge us to take are not new: construction and operating cost discipline, strong governance and transparency, holistic facilities planning, affordability, community engagement.
I also want to highlight several important meetings coming up next week – the City Council will be voting on the Broad and Washington project at first reading (referral to boards and commissions), a City Hall project walkthrough, and the School Board will be discussing the first draft of the first RFP for GMHS. Regardless of your vote cast, let’s move forward together and keep up the civic engagement. I’d love to see some new faces at our meetings.
What Happened This Week:
Letty’s Guest Commentary: https://fcnp.com/2017/11/09/guest-commentary-time-move-forward-new-high-school/
Unofficial election results: http://www.fallschurchva.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=432
What’s Coming Up:
- Tomorrow – Saturday, November 11 at 11 am – Falls Church Veterans Day Ceremony
- Monday, November 13 at 630 pm – City Council Meeting (City Hall walkthrough to discuss renovation/expansion plans at 630 pm, followed by regular meeting at 730 pm with topics to include I-66 toll changes, Broad & Washington first reading)
- Tuesday, November 14 at 7 pm – School Board Meeting (City Hall)
- Monday, November 20 at 730 pm – City Council Work Session
- Monday, November 27 at 730 pm – City Council Meeting
- Looking Ahead – Monday, December 4 – Joint City Council & School Board Work Session – FY19 Planning